Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Boxer

My health is holding up & I ran 5 miles for the first time in I don't know how long just yesterday! I don't mind saying that I have Crohn's disease  (a chronic inflammatory bowel disease) & life has been really hard for me for last year or so. I actually think it all started back in December of 2010 if you haven't read this post. I am in remission now, so I'm just watching what I eat, making note of things that don't work, & trying to stay healthy! I love to run & have been so sad not to be healthy enough for daily running. I can say now that I can't remember a recent day that I haven't run :)

Today, I just ran 3 but I focused on form & purposely had negative splits. It felt great to run with purpose again instead of just starting from zero.


Anyway, I feel great & with nearly 500 miles on my Newton's I just ordered a new pair. These have been the answer to all my running prayers as they are flexible & have plenty of cushion & a durable tread in that forefoot so I don't go through shoes like water anymore. Awesome!


 photo.JPG



If you are interested in this sort of thing, here is what the treads look like on the bottom of my Newtons after almost 500 miles. Not bad at all! You can see I've worn through to the cushion on the
left shoe, but that's typical for me.


photo.JPG

As you can see, I don't wear the heel like most people, so these shoes have been perfect for me. I won't wear anything else, & don't mind paying the extra money. If you are a forefoot striker, these shoes are well worth the price tag.

We are about to go camping, so I thought I would just check in & let you all know that I'm still running! I'm planning to run out there in the country, & I hear it's really hilly. Bring it! I'm ready to go another round :)




No comments:

Post a Comment